Please Note regarding COVID-19 CONCERNS:
WE ARE OPEN DURING NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS DURING THE “SHELTER-IN-PLACE” ORDER FOR MONTEREY COUNTY
We here at Animal Hospital at Mid Valley are concerned about the transmission of disease, which includes the COVID-19 “Coronavirus”. This virus, among numerous others that affect our canine and feline patients, and some that affect humans, is transmitted through touch and respiratory droplets, and so we must all take great care to give each other “space”, and also to avoid certain behaviors. The following list is a summary of some of the measures we are currently taking:
- NO EMPLOYEES WILL COME TO WORK IF THEY OR THEIR FAMILY MEMBERS ARE ILL
- NO HAND-SHAKING/HUGGING/TOUCHING
- EMPLOYEES ARE FREQUENTLY WASHING HANDS WITH SOAP AND HOT WATER BETWEEN PATIENTS
- EXTREME CLEANSING/DISINFECTING MEASURES ARE BEING TAKEN THROUGHOUT THE DAY TO PREVENT TRANSMISSION FROM PERSON TO PERSON
- WE ARE GOING TO TRY TO MAKE OUR APPOINTMENTS MORE TIMELY AND EFFICIENT IN ORDER TO PREVENT MULTIPLE PEOPLE IN OUR FACILITY AT ANY ONE TIME
- WE ASK OF YOU, IF YOU ARE NOT FEELING WELL, TO PLEASE CALL THE FRONT DESK FOR ASSISTANCE, AS WE WANT FOR YOUR PET/FAMILY MEMBER TO BE SEEN, BUT WE ALSO NEED TO PROTECT OURSELVES AND OUR CLIENTELE
OUR CURRENTLY ADOPTED PROTOCOL IS TO USE A “VALET” TYPE SERVICE TO AVOID CLIENTS FROM EXPOSURE IN OUR HOSPITAL:
WHEN YOU ARRIVE FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT, PLEASE CALL OUR FRONT DESK AT 624-8509, AND ONE OF OUR STAFF MEMBERS WILL COME TO YOUR VEHICLE AND RETRIEVE YOUR PET WITH OUR HOSPITAL-DISINFECTED LEASH. (CATS WILL BE BROUGHT IN WITH YOUR CARRIER, AS TRANSFER OF CATS FROM ONE CARRIER TO ANOTHER IS NOT SAFE NOR PRACTICAL). THE OUTSIDE OF YOUR CAT CARRIER WILL BE DISINFECTED PRIOR TO OUR RETURN OF YOUR CAT. THE DOCTOR WILL CALL YOU ON YOUR CELL PHONE TO ASK PERTINENT QUESTIONS, AND THEN EXAMINE YOUR PET, AND THEN WILL MAKE A RECOMMENDATION FOR DIAGNOSTICS OR TREATMENT BASED ON THE ISSUES AT HAND. PAYMENT FOR SERVICES CAN THEN BE PROVIDED OVER THE PHONE TO OUR RECEPTIONIST BY CREDIT CARD, IF POSSIBLE (OTHER METHODS OF PAYMENT CAN BE ACCEPTED, THOUGH CREDIT CARD OVER THE TELEPHONE IS PREFERRED, AS NO ITEMS ARE BEING “TOUCHED” BY CLIENTS OR EMPLOYEES OR CLIENTS).
PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE POLICIES AND PROCEDURES WILL BE CHANGING OVER TIME AS INFORMATION COMES AVAILABLE IN ORDER TO KEEP YOU, AND US, SAFE. WE APPRECIATE YOUR PATIENCE WHILE WE ALL DEAL WITH THIS VIRUS.
We appreciate that this virus has caused a lot of panic, which we are trying to reduce, and we truly appreciate your assistance in our efforts to halt transmission while still caring for your precious canine and feline Family Members.
Please be well; you are part of our family, know that, and we will do our best to keep you healthy in these trying times…
Karl Anderson, DVM
Lori Anderson, RVT and Hospital Manager
Animal Hospital at Mid Valley, Inc
312 Mid Valley Center
Carmel, CA 93923